Wednesday, April 2, 2008

But first, a message from our sponsors




This is the inspiration for the Nike Swoosh. Just under her right hand and wing is the infamous symbol. This is a piece of stone frieze in Ephesus, Turkey. A lot of work and excavation have happened since I was in high school and here with my family.

Now this is funny. Ancient advertising on the main road. If you look closely, (Click on it to make it larger)you can see a lovely lady in the lower right, a left foot and just up and to the left of the foot, a small heart (in small 'dots") This is telling visitors that up ahead and to the left, one can find a little company should one be in a lonely mood. Reminds me of that old musical "Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum".






Nothing like a real Greek salad, Spanikopita, and a Mythos beer while sitting in the middle of the Plaka in Athens. This is my mom. Her mom was born in Greece, and came to California as a young child. We were lucky enough to go back to Greece with Grandma and 2 of her sibs, to the village they came from in 1973. It was a real National Geographic experience, and sometime when I can scan some old pics, would be a great post.





Cool Border, huh? I'd like to try this one. This was very near the tomb of St John near Ephesus.


That's it from Turkey and Greece.

Next up, quilting!

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful pics. I love that footprint in particular. mmmm, the food sounds wonderful.

now where's that quilting????

Mar said...

Welcome back! yes, where is the quilting and what two classes did you take at Asilomar, I saw you on TQS in the blog!

Tonya Ricucci said...

bad blogger, bad. I was just looking at the list of blogs I subscribe to and I realized you never posted about your quilting class!!!!!